Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC USB Bootloader with C# and Microchip firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

evandude

Just in case anyone on here is interested; I have recently completed my first real PIC USB interfacing project, a bootloader application in C# that works with the bootloader firmware provided by Microchip for the PICDEM FS USB board, on the 18F4550. (works fine on a simple breadboarded circuit too, of course) Since there's not much info out there on the matter, I've documented my project, hopefully enough for someone else to follow and understand what's involved, including the basics of the data format for communication with the bootloader firmware, dealing with HEX files, and other info about the relevant classes and example program; my code could be used as a simple way to add bootloader functionality to an existing program, or as a starting point for adaptation. I know C# may not be the language of choice for many people, since it's rather new, but due to the integration between the .NET languages, you could probably make use of it in Visual BASIC, C++, etc, though I'm certainly no expert on that.

https://eegeek.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=32

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back