Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic to Pic communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam29

Hi all
i want to design a project in which i want to make to and fro communication between 2 pic microcontrollers . both are PIC16f684.
want to use either 1 wire or 2 wire to communicate.Please help me how to proceed .
thanks

Just use serial communications, on either one pin, or two pins - with two pins you can use the hardware USART's, with one pin you need to use software ones.

thanks nigel..but wht software u mean to say if i use 1 pin...i dont wanna go for uart.. please explain in detail..i couldnt get ur point

If you use one pin you have to keep switching them from input to output, which you can easily do in software - normally both PIC's would be set as inputs, to send data one would switch to output, send the data, then switch back to an input and wait for the reply. The second PIC, havng received the data, would switch to be an output, and send the reply back to the first, then return to being an input.

You need to decide exactly what you want to do, and how you want to do it.

We are also doing a PIC to PIC communication.. Both PIC are 18F4550..
We wanna use the Streaming Parallel Port on both devices..
How do you use SPP??

Please help.. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back