Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC samples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
then people started grabbin' chips even though they didn't need them. So Microchip pulled the plug on Australia because people were abusing the service.

That's my fear, though there's always going to be some jack that's going to abuse the system and push them over the edge*, so I try to be respectful of their generosity, and don't advertise such as "These people are really easy." However, if a company snubs me I'll never forget it and bad-mouth them whenever I can, like those bastards at Ramtron and NKK.

j.

*Over the edge being defined as stricter screening or cutting off samples.

I just recieved my Microchip PICs as well as two project boxes from Pactel, Hall Effect sensors from Allegro. I haven't heard anything from Atmel, but I ordered samples of their ATmega32 chip since thats what I'm using in my programming class.
I plan on using the ATmega32 to build a propeller clock instead of using a PIC. But I have PICs and a programmer in case I dont get the ATmega32

Might order from TI, but I dont know what to get...any suggestions?
~Mike

I found that you can get microhip products in Australia but you have to ring there Sydney office and explain what you intend using the chips for and an approximate of the chips to be purchased in the future. I got 2 samples of the 16f72 sent to Adelaide which took 3 days to arrive after the phonecall . Not bad I reckon. Sumtime in the future I might tryout the 18f chips so I'll grab a sample off microchip.

Cheers Bryan1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back