Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently discovered that Microchip offers samples of their devices. I knew other companies did, but I did not expect that PICs would be sample-able. :lol:

Anyway, it's a great way to get started in PICs. I have 3 16F628As coming, 5 MOSFETs, 5 dual D/A converters and 20 dual op-amps. Amazing system, great idea. Free shipping. Easy. All-around amazing.

Dont order too much. Becose if you order loads and loads they may find that your abusing the service and close it down for your country.

Oh and these samples normaly take a LONG time to get to you.

Microchip is probobly the most generus when it comes to samples.They sample almost all of there products even the most expensive ones(But have an lower limit)

Don't they keep track of how much you've sampled?
I've had an assumption that it's keeping track of how much you've gotten in the last few months and will eventually cut you off. In such a case you might want to hold off max'ing out their generosity in case you need some other items even more any time soon.

I read all of their Terms and Conditions, which state that I may make 2 orders per month, and up to 4 items per order. I could have had them overnight it but I'm in no hurry, just waiting to get my own credit card (parents very opposed to using the Internet to make purchases. :oops: )

Someone Electro said:
Dont order too much. Becose if you order loads and loads they may find that your abusing the service and close it down for your country.

Oh and these samples normaly take a LONG time to get to you.

he lives in the USA. i dont think microchip will close down the samples service for USA no matter what!

yes they keep track of how many samples you have ordered. but some people make multiple accounts and order lots of samples. there was an instance in which microchip noticed unusual samples requests from some country and closed down the service for that country.

wisely decide what you want and just order it.

My country was banned from Sample system until 12/2003. Before that, when I was a beginner it was difficult for me to get an access to the new PICs (like 18F4320 in that time). Now, when they restored Sample support for Slovakia, I can finally experiment...

And that's why I strongly advice everyone to order only what you need, not what you want just to have sitting on the self... Samples are a great service that Microchip offers for free, Nobody should abuse it.

:wink:

Jay.slovak said:
My country was banned from Sample system until 12/2003. Before that, when I was a beginner it was difficult for me to get an access to the new PICs (like 18F4320 in that time). Now, when they restored Sample support for Slovakia, I can finally experiment...

And that's why I strongly advice everyone to order only what you need, not what you want just to have sitting on the self... Samples are a great service that Microchip offers for free, Nobody should abuse it.

:wink:

My country is not listed in the Sample support system of microchip :(, however recently i started experimenting with 18Fseries and i requested some samples through the customer care, it worked :). But don;t know why Malta is not included in the support system, maybe also for the Shipping Cost.

what are the newer pics available? I am going to get a sample to use with my project, I want to have serial/usb communication and loads of outputs, as many as possible, for driving stepper motors.

dave3141 said:
what are the newer pics available? I am going to get a sample to use with my project, I want to have serial/usb communication and loads of outputs, as many as possible, for driving stepper motors.

www.microchip.com would be the best source for "whats new"

The PIC24 range has the new 16 bit cpu

keep in mind, you'll most likely have a hard time finding programing software to flash the new chips, unless you own an mplab compatible programmer (icd2 / picstart, etc), they you should be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back