Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

soon I buy the EasyPIC3 board, but I just have some follow-up questions.

Can I use my MPLAB ICD2 on the board, if I modify the connection from a IDC10 connector to a ICD2 connector?

Some of the example program following the board are in C. Can I compile them in mikroC - or other C compilers, and then copy-paste the code to MPLAB - and it'll work?

Does anyone know a cheap C compiler I can buy - the mikroC compiler from mikroElektronika is pretty expensive ($249).

Electronics4you said:
Some of the example program following the board are in C. Can I compile them in mikroC - or other C compilers, and then copy-paste the code to MPLAB - and it'll work?

Does anyone know a cheap C compiler I can buy - the mikroC compiler from mikroElektronika is pretty expensive ($249).

Usually PIC C compilers aren't cross-compatible; at best, you would probably have to change some syntax, at worst, you might have to rewrite quite a bit of it.

Best and cheapest C compiler I've used is BoostC; the free version goes a long way, and even the full versions are pretty reasonable (about $60 last I knew). For the most part, it's ANSI C compatible, so if the example code isn't relying on a bunch of built-in functions of that compiler, it should be easier to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back