Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

I want to programme a PIC 16F684. I have used ICPROG for many years for programming PICs.
However, ICPROG only supports a limited range of PICs & the 16F684 is not included.
I downloaded the trial version of the Oshonsoft PIC Simultor IDE but I cannot find a programmer in it. But I may have missed it.
Can someone suggest a suitable programmer please.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.
But I need the software, not the hardware.
Years ago, I designed & built several programmers (for 8 pin, 18 pin & 40 pin PICs ) that I have been using driven by IcProg.

Both Pickit2 and Pickit3 include the schematics to build your own if you were so inclined. The software, of course, is available as well. I also suggest one of those two.

Thanks for the response.
But as I said previously, I don't need the hardware.
I have searched the Oshonsoft web site twice, but could not see any programming software.

Thanks again.
Yes, I need serial.
I'll download that software. It should work for any hardware as all the hardware does is to do buffering & level translation of the signals coming from the PC. The 16F PICs all need the Vpp, serial data & serial clock signals my hardware does this.

I have opened the software, but there is only a choice of 2 PICs in the “Select Microcontroller” pane – see below.

Does anyone know how to load more? I’ve searched hear & there and the Help but can’t find anything.

Screen.jpg

Possibly because its the demo.... Or have you the wrong one... There are three... Pic.... Pic16 and Pic18... You will need the first one... PicSimulator was for the low/mid range pics.... Pic16 is for the extended..

Thanks Ian & Eric for the assistance.
Yes, I was using the wrong one. I thought PICprog16 was the one I needed, but what I needed was the PIC Simulator IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back