Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson

Hi,
I posted in the projects section about a week ago regarding a project I would like to build. It was suggested that I use a PIC so have since been looking into PICS and want to buy a programmer.

The problem is that I have no clue which pic I will need for my project. To start learning howto program pics I have found a few tutorials and circuits using the PIC16f628 or 16F84A but am having problems finding a programmer to suit.

I would like a USB programmer that supports the above PICS. The ones I have found are either inn the USA (im in the UK) or do not mention which PICS they support or are serial.

Could anyone recomend a PIC programmer from a UK supplier? Also I dont want to pay too much as this is just to get me started.

Thanks

Whereabouts are you in the UK?

I have a spare programmer somewhere that will do most pics that you would use.

Al

hi dawson, i have a serial programmer that can do the pics above, i have used it a few times for code locks etc.

i have just pmd you regarding you other question. i have just seen your from newcastle, is this newcastle upon tyne??? if it is can you pm me.

Hi cobra,
Just pmes you but yes it is newcastle upon tyne. A serial programmer would be no good for me as I am always upto date with the latest computers and dont really want to get an old machine out for just programming my PIC.

lol same here m8, my pc and laptop dont have serial ports, and my laptop has no parallel either.
all usb nowadays aint it.

Doh!

Sorry mate, I didn't see you wanted USB only, and mine is a Velleman 8048 serial Doh!

Al

ah ok thanks for the replies, yeah it is a shame they got rid of serial ports. you can get adaptors but apparently the pic programmers dont like these. alternatively I can get a pci serial port card but dont really want to bung up my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back