Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC-Programmer 2 for PIC16C84, its software & compiler???

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I m not connecting my hardware to the pc rightnow but I dont know y the software is hanging when I do read all option it starts a lot of loading & it gives no answer,what should I do?

That's what you'll get with out a pic hooked to the programmer

Last edited:
Have you tried to program a chip? You do know how to hook one up to program don't you?

I'm not a mind reader tell me what happen and if you can post a screen shot
Here shows how to hook up pic for programming. ICSP You still use the same pins if your using a socket
View attachment 60573

And did you read this

UPDATE!!! : Settings for how to use IC-Prog with Windows XP. Thanks to [Murph] for the explanation:

Open a browser and select the file ic-prog.exe
Press right button on your mouse
Go to Propertties
Go to Compatibility menu
Make sure it is disabled (so no compatibility)
Press Apply icon
Press Accept icon
You need to copy icprog.sys into the SAME directory as icprog.exe. Then you can enter in the ic-prog software, go to Settings, Options and choose the Misc. page. There you can enable the "NT/2000 Driver" it will then be installed.

Last edited:
now it has programmed from winpic800 now please give me any program & its schematic so that I can confirm that it is working,simplest program & schematic plz.

regards
Hassan

The code I posted blinks a led on PORTB,0 just hook a red led with a 220 ohm resistor to ground and it will blink.

You know I had better luck with winpic800 and xp too

plz tell me what can i do to confirm is my programmar is working correct or not? because winpic800 is acting similar whether i connect my programmar or not,it is completing total process without any error and the circuit you tell me Burt for led blinking is not shwing any result if i give 5V on vdd,i m little bit confuse for that tell me m i just required vdd & vss pins for that or osc too?

regards
Hassan

i dont know whats the problem because when i burn hex file it is giving good response but schematic which u gave me & its code is not blinking led m really in tension what can i do Sir?

get more tension to reduce tension, LoL.

when, initially we are learning there should be enthusiasm and concern and keenness but NOT tension.

just study the element what he gave you, how did you compile, whether any errors reported etc.

Are you using a 16f84 ? Did you use a crystal 4 mhz with 22pf caps to ground

It works if the led is not blinking you may have it backward. That's easy to do some times hard to see which side is flat the leg that's on that side goes to the ground.

Last edited:
i m using pic16f84a & i guess my programmar hardware is working correctly because in controller option i selected pic16f84 & when i did read all option it said that the selected controller is different from detected one & when i changed it to pic16f84a it didn't give me any error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back