Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC programer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribeniju

hi I am using the PIC 16F877A< i am also using the MPLAB 8, But only with this I cant communicate with the pIC by serial communiation, from PC to PIC so what is the basic requirement for the program the pic can any one say me details,I am new just starting working with in PIC.waht is the programer waht i can get it ,or waht is the basic circuit daiagram of the programer.

hi I am using the PIC 16F877A< i am also using the MPLAB 8, But only with this I cant communicate with the pIC by serial communiation, from PC to PIC so what is the basic requirement for the program the pic can any one say me details,I am new just starting working with in PIC.waht is the programer waht i can get it ,or waht is the basic circuit daiagram of the programer.
Do yourself a favor and buy a PICkit 2 or a good clone like the Junebug.

**broken link removed**.

PICkit 2 from Microchip.

Have down lode any program through serial port into 16F877A PIC, If done then how you down lode ,pls tell me the procedure ...Thanks for quick reply...

Have down lode any program through serial port into 16F877A PIC, If done then how you down lode ,pls tell me the procedure ...Thanks for quick reply...
I don't know exactly what you mean. Your english is pretty bad. If you want to load programs via the serial port then you would need to have your 16F877A preloaded with a bootloader. You would either need a programmer to put the bootloader on the chip or buy a chip with a bootloader already in it.

sorry , so you mean that, the programmer needs only to lode the bootloder.,not the hex file into the chip, and if i use the universal programmer for lode the bootloder then if i want to lode my program( i.e hex file built by the MPLAb) into the chip then how i can do?actually we are use the universal programmer for lode the bootloder.pls tell me..

sorry , so you mean that, the programmer needs only to lode the bootloder.,not the hex file into the chip, and if i use the universal programmer for lode the bootloder then if i want to lode my program( i.e hex file built by the MPLAb) into the chip then how i can do?actually we are use the universal programmer for lode the bootloder.pls tell me..
Huh? What exactly is "the universal programmer"? If you have a programmer, then use that to program your PIC.

If you don't have a programmer, then you could use a bootloader. A bootloader is a small program that stays on the PIC and loads your hex files into the PIC, usually via the serial port.

I'm still not real clear what you're asking.

so if the Universal programer program the chip then we dont need the bootloder, ,,but the program does not run...I have do the things 100 or more than that... several times,but the system does not gives any response....can you pls give your mail id the i can send you the code for cheeking my problem,I can send you the program on monday..ok pls give your mail id..i will mail you...definitely.thanks for your cooperation..

You use the universal programmer to load the bootloader file onto the PIC. After that you wire up your PIC so that the pins the bootloader uses are connected to an RS232 level converter. Then you can program the pic directly from the serial port.

so if the Universal programer program the chip then we dont need the bootloder, ,,but the program does not run...I have do the things 100 or more than that... several times,but the system does not gives any response....can you pls give your mail id the i can send you the code for cheeking my problem,I can send you the program on monday..ok pls give your mail id..i will mail you...definitely.thanks for your cooperation..
So you do have a programmer. In that case forget about bootloaders. Fix your code instead until it does run.

I'm not giving you my email. Post your code here. Be sure to click the # icon or type [code] before your code and [/code] after it so the formatting doesn't get wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back