Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

disney_snoopy

Hi all,

I set my PIC input is high then my output port is high. I have a problem that my output is more than 3V and that port i connect to a vibrator. however, my vibrator couldnt vibrate. but if i connect it to a LED, it able to light up.

May i know why this vibrator are not able to vibrate?

My guess would be that the vibrator needs more than the 20mA that the pic can output. You need to use a transistor to increase the current to the motor.

Mike.

It would work good just use a kickback diode with it here this shows you how thanks to Nigel Goodwin **broken link removed** any small switching diode and 2n2222 would work

Just use 5 volts not the 12 like in the circuit here a lot of good hardware setups from

Last edited:
It would work good just use a kickback diode with it here this shows you how thanks to Nigel Goodwin **broken link removed** any small switching diode and 2n2222 would work

Hi be80be,

Can i put the power supply as 5V? coz my vibrator can support max 3-4.5V.
Another question is the 1k resistor is for what purpose?

Yes you can simply use a 5V supply, the resistor is to limit the base current and should NOT be left out.

so in this case im using a 5v relay?
and i remember last time i try to combine my decoder, PIC and the relay power supply together but cant work. Is it i need to seperate the relay power supply from the decoder and PIC power supply?

The 1k resistor u said that is current limit for the base. How to prove that or any explaination? Sorry as i need to proved it in my report.

Plz advise
Thank You

Last edited:
so in this case im using a 5v relay?

Yes.

and i remember last time i try to combine my decoder, PIC and the relay power supply together but cant work. Is it i need to seperate the relay power supply from the decoder and PIC power supply?

If your circuit is correctly designed a 5V relay shouldn't be any problem.

The 1k resistor u said that is current limit for the base. How to prove that or any explaination? Sorry as i need to proved it in my report.

Apply ohms law to it, top end of resistor 5V, bottom end 0.7V.

You need to figure how much current you need and what voltages. And go from there to make you a supply that will work for your project. If you would draw out your circuit I'll knock the bugs out of it for you.

If your circuit is correctly designed a 5V relay shouldn't be any problem.

As i try last time once i plug in the coil of relay in it, i measure the voltage at the both diode pin and i found out that the voltage is 5V change to 0V.
And this does not suppose to be happen right?

Anyway this circuit i will try in the lab tommorow and will comment further...

Thankz all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back