PIC - Polyphonic sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorPS

Is it possible to play polyphonic sound with 16F628 or even 16F630 (no H/W PWM)?
I have try PICSound by Roman Black, but it require external eeprom.

I like to generate "Jingle bell" sound, how to generate it using PWM?

Sorry, I've not done a sound tutorial!.

The Roman Black example actually plays back a stored recording, Jingle Bells is far simpler than that, you could just generate the tones - there are various examples on the net for this.

If you want to play back a recording, you might look at , which shows how to use a large table in the PIC memory and play it back.

Thanks for reply.
Actually the sound that I like to generate as attached WAV or something close to it.
Rather than plain tone by square ware only, which is bore very soon.

I believe it can be done, or how the chime clock generate "dong...dong...donggggg..."
Using MIDI , wavetable (like in PC soundcard) , is it too tough for PIC ?

Or, can someone tell me, bell sound are combination of what waveform & frequency?

Thank you...

Attachments

• bell-up.zip
    138.9 KB · Views: 282
VictorPS said:
Thanks for reply.
Actually the sound that I like to generate as attached WAV or something close to it.

Considering that file is 164KB, where in an 8K PIC were you hoping to fit it?. The PICList link I posted previously shows how to play back a sound sample from program memory (as a large table), but it's obviously limited by the amount of memory available.

options?

If the (any) sound sample were stored in a scabby old EPROM or something (assuming dead simple 8 bit raw data) then it could be simply read back to a D-A using a binary counter to generate the addresses.

This does assume the data can be converted to or recorded as something suitable?

Or am I starting to get too close to the sound record/playback chips that are available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…