Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC - Polyphonic sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorPS

Is it possible to play polyphonic sound with 16F628 or even 16F630 (no H/W PWM)?
I have try PICSound by Roman Black, but it require external eeprom.

I like to generate "Jingle bell" sound, how to generate it using PWM?

Sorry, I've not done a sound tutorial!.

The Roman Black example actually plays back a stored recording, Jingle Bells is far simpler than that, you could just generate the tones - there are various examples on the net for this.

If you want to play back a recording, you might look at , which shows how to use a large table in the PIC memory and play it back.

Thanks for reply. :)
Actually the sound that I like to generate as attached WAV or something close to it.
Rather than plain tone by square ware only, which is bore very soon.

I believe it can be done, or how the chime clock generate "dong...dong...donggggg..."
Using MIDI , wavetable (like in PC soundcard) , is it too tough for PIC ?

Or, can someone tell me, bell sound are combination of what waveform & frequency?

Thank you...

Attachments

• bell-up.zip
    138.9 KB · Views: 282
VictorPS said:
Thanks for reply. :)
Actually the sound that I like to generate as attached WAV or something close to it.

Considering that file is 164KB, where in an 8K PIC were you hoping to fit it?. The PICList link I posted previously shows how to play back a sound sample from program memory (as a large table), but it's obviously limited by the amount of memory available.

options?

If the (any) sound sample were stored in a scabby old EPROM or something (assuming dead simple 8 bit raw data) then it could be simply read back to a D-A using a binary counter to generate the addresses.

This does assume the data can be converted to or recorded as something suitable?

Or am I starting to get too close to the sound record/playback chips that are available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back