Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Plug & Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heepofajeep

I am looking for a pre-assembled kit that would allow me to go straight to programming the microcontroller. While I would like to learn the circuitry involved in building my own, I currently have a stepper motor that I need to control for a testing project and would rather spend my efforts on the programming side of things.

My requirements are just that I have a high frequency digital output available so I can control step and direction ttl pulses to the stepper motor. I would ideally like something with an LCD as well.

Cost is not a big concern.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would hit google. There are many. What are you going to program it in language wise?

There is a pic start 3 (I think it is called), parallax (has BASIC with it) and also, https://www.blueroomelectronics.com/. Get the inchworm and which ever board fits your needs.

I just put a firefly together, you might be able to his boards assembled.

But the author is on the forums and can answer questions, as well many others have have his boards. Like myself. :)

EDIT: OR if price is no object https://www.melabs.com/ and search for "proton basic" and see what they have. If I have no cash limit I would own proton basic.. Sounds like what I need for Christmas.

Last edited:
A good candidate board for processor/servo work...

Try this page at EL Products:
**broken link removed** Works with Atom

Look for his BasicBoard. This is $119.95. Has all the following goodies-

- A free, really powerful BASIC Compiler, including servo commands
- Onboard Circuitry includes:
4 - Switches
8- LEDs
2x16 LCD
Potentiometer wired to A/D
Speaker
5 Volt regulator
In-Circuit Debugger / Programming Port
2nd UART port for internal hardware UART
Expansion ports for Servo motors, external sensors(A/D ports), Digital ports, separate servo power.
Fully Assembled

I own one and can highly recommend it for experimenting with processor controls. I have never connected a servo to it, I have no experience with servos, but it does come with servo headers and power takeoffs.

'Worth checking out!
kjennejohn

Faulty link editted by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
The BASICboard will meet you needs and more. It is pretty nice if price and not wanted to assemble it are issues. Also has MBASIC lite, that will lock you in large pic chips. But it does seem to be what you are after.

**broken link removed** link from the post did not seem to work when I tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back