Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameske

Hi,

I am a beginner but have been looking at PIC microcontrollers (and programing them in C/C++) and am wondering if anyone could tell me of the easiest way to learn how to grasp their concepts, or to learn how to use them please?

Thanks,
Jameske

Thanks 3v0,
I am finding that website very helpful, easy to understand and use.

I'm still not sure what PIC programmer tool to use. Could someone please help me?
I'll need one as cheap as i can get, but still has a big range of PICs it can program (or the range of PICs that a beginner like me would use).

Thanks again
Jameske

For PICs I suggest the Junebug. You can buy a kit or assembled from blueroom electronics, or build one from the schematics. Or you can buy a PICkit2 from Microchip Direct. The Intro on my page talks about this.

3v0

PICSTART is a good programmer , it may not be cheap, but its reliable and serves the purpose well enough, but if you have decided on a particular PIC part, then PICSTART may be an overkill...

I use PICSTART actually I don't find it very expensive...

thanks
a

PICSTART is a good programmer , it may not be cheap, but its reliable and serves the purpose well enough, but if you have decided on a particular PIC part, then PICSTART may be an overkill...

I use PICSTART actually I don't find it very expensive...

Unfortunately it's VERY expensive compared with the PICKit2, and the PICKit2 is far more useful, and MUCH, MUCH faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back