Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC driving me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2c2k

hi,

what reasons can cause that the PIC only works, if i put my finger on the oscillator-pins of the PIC (PIC18F458). but if it works this way the operating speed is very uneven.
which reasons might that have?
thx!

edit:
by the way vcc, vdd and mclr are connected properly.

i2c2k said:
hi,

what reasons can cause that the PIC only works, if i put my finger on the oscillator-pins of the PIC (PIC18F458). but if it works this way the operating speed is very uneven.
which reasons might that have?
thx!

edit:
by the way vcc, vdd and mclr are connected properly.

What do you have connected to the oscillator pins?, and how do you have the oscillator fuses configured?.

Do you have 22pF capacitors going from each of the oscillator pins to ground? That was an original issue I had when I started with PICs that brought me to this message board. :)

bonxer said:
Do you have 22pF capacitors going from each of the oscillator pins to ground? That was an original issue I had when I started with PICs that brought me to this message board. :)

oooo.. what will be the problem??
I connected my capacitor in this way, but it seems like just fine.
What should be the proper connection?

StupidDum said:
bonxer said:

That's how they should be connected, he was just checked that you had fitted the capacitors!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
StupidDum said:
bonxer said:

That's how they should be connected, he was just checked that you had fitted the capacitors!.

haha. misunderstood. ok ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back