Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic coding examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
simrantogether said:
Hi all,

I need small pic coding examples as how i can code pic...

Any website link..

Regards,

Simran..:)

morning Simran,
Which small PIC do you have in mind, there are so many.:rolleyes:

Wonderful...

Wonderful site Gayan...

And Sir Eric ... I wanted to start on PIC16f877...

The problem i am facing is actually that...

I feel the registers of PIC a re actually very complicated as compared to AVR etc.

There are many registers lke TRISA, TRISB without which also the microcontroller can work perfectly like in AVR or Other new RISC controllers...

Well,

Any solution...

Regards,

Language...

Language preffered is Embedded c.

But i'll be happy on learning the registers as well... as i am to teach some people about them...

Regards,

Simran...

simrantogether said:
There are many registers lke TRISA, TRISB without which also the microcontroller can work perfectly like in AVR or Other new RISC controllers...

TRIS registers are simply for setting the direction of the I/O pins, presumably the AVR has something similar anyway?.

Well...

Well...

I've finally learnt MPLAB and i wanted to start with small coding examples for pic.

Does microchip issues any manual for programming pic's or any other manual.

or any other link...

just i wanted is small assembly examples...

Regards,

Nigel Goodwin said:
TRIS registers are simply for setting the direction of the I/O pins, presumably the AVR has something similar anyway?.
Yup, DDRx, short for DataDirectionRegisterA or B or whatever. Motorola/Freescale uses the same opcode.

hi..can u help me on my projek..i really need coding for alarm clock using 7 segmen display. i need to multiplex the pin for 7 segmen. i need source code in assembly for this function. i try work on it but it doesn/t function in my circiut. the display cannot work..anybody can help me?i really need it as soon as possible..

simrantogether said:
Well...

I've finally learnt MPLAB and i wanted to start with small coding examples for pic.

Does microchip issues any manual for programming pic's or any other manual.

or any other link...

just i wanted is small assembly examples...

Regards,

Perhaps the best examples are from Nigel's tutorials of pic programming. they speak loud and clear of methods and means.

Hello, I have the same problem as fza. I need an MPLAB assembly code that will dim a couple of LED's. The PIC is12F683. The potentiometer will be connected to PIN7(potentiometer is used so that it can manaully dimmed) and PIN5 will be connected to the dimmer, if i have read the circuit correctly. I'm in dire need of any help. Can someone give me some clue as to how i should approach this problem? maybe a small starting code that i can add things to it???? Thanks a bunch

LED DRIVER said:
Hello, I have the same problem as fza. I need an MPLAB assembly code that will dim a couple of LED's. The PIC is12F683. The potentiometer will be connected to PIN7(potentiometer is used so that it can manaully dimmed) and PIN5 will be connected to the dimmer, if i have read the circuit correctly. I'm in dire need of any help. Can someone give me some clue as to how i should approach this problem? maybe a small starting code that i can add things to it???? Thanks a bunch

See this thread it will help you.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/adc-in-assembly.35288/?highlight=led+fade

help me friends................

hiii everyone
Acutally i want to know the basics of pic16f877a except from the details of microchip.com.
I am a b-tech ece student and i want to do my final year project based on this. So i kindly request you all to help me immediately so that i can complete my project as early as possible.
waiting for reply.....................:)

basics? Other than the datasheet? Datasheet covers all the basics and then some. What are you asking about? What programming language do you know how to use? Do you have a pic programmer and compiler?

Thanks, simrantogether, I have couple of links:
**broken link removed**

I have done similar project before about LCD
screen using PIC16F877. The main purpose of this project is able to read
variable resistor value and display the value on the LCD display. I need to
upgrade it more suppose I have decided to add some graphical representation. Instead I won’t use 7 segment display

Have you noticed the date of the last post? Not yesterday precisely.:wideyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back