Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Bootloader Trouble (18F8527 via AN851)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop911

I'm trying to connect to a working 18f8527 board via the uart and Microchip's P1618QP.exe gui, but I'm having no luck connecting.

I built the boot.mcp project from the AN851 install.. with only 2 changes:
bootload.asm:
;#include P18F8722.inc
#include P18F8527.inc
The other change was to the configuration bits for internal RC (the default an851 project has it set to external clock).

Anyways, programming this hex file, the gui never sees the device. Do I need to change some clock or baud setting because I've changed the configuration bit, or does the autodetect handle this? If not, what else could be the problem... I've read a lot about changing linker scripts, reset vegtors, pragma for code entry, but I think all of these apply to future applications that are downloaded via the bootloader, no?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back