Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Basic compiler stopped working (Win10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustinetez

Over the weekend, I suddenly started getting in the various Oshonsoft programs on my PC:-

Runtime error339:
Component 'comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies
not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Anyway, following Vladimirs instructions didn't fix the problem (basically full uninstall and reload) so did a bit of searching and it seems to be becoming more and more of a problem with Win 10 in regard to 32 bit programs.

The eventual fix was to run the Oshonsoft programs in Win 8 Compatibility mode.

A couple of things to try:
1) After first install, try running the program as "administrator"
2) Set the program to run in compatibility mode.

I'm running Pic Simulator IDE (Ver 7.94) on Win10 with no issues, but I do recall running as administrator the first time I ran it.

It's all been running fine for months and just stopped one morning with that error (and yes, i know about the run as administrator bit). I'm up on the latest versions and it affects both the PicBasic compiler version and the Pic Simulator versions.

Other than Windows updates nothing has been added or taken off the PC software wise.

Beginning to wonder if I have a drive fault as another program that has never given problems is playing up at boot time now.

Looks like time for another backup and clean re-install to see if that sorts things - will probably be offline for a couple of days while this all happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back