Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic and transistor as a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 of them bread boards got them at the same time never used one of them. And when I used it it would not hold the chips in it. They can be a real headache sometimes. Good to see your back ghostman
I hope you keep doing well. Take it easy on yourself.

Last edited:
much oddness going on, i have rebuilt the board five or six times exactly the same way each time and no luck! then the seventh time bingo it works, so i assume the bread board is on the way out :( or its just one of those things, thanks alot eric at least now we have a better idea how to use transistors and trouble shoot them. i am starting to dislike bread boards as this is a long way from being the first time i have had trouble that ends up being down to a iffy board!

Hi,
Note that on some project plug in boards the power tracks are not linked all the way along the board.
A decent quality project board will last for years if used correctly, I am using boards I bought 25 years ago with no problems.

Eric

Attachments

• BreadBoard1.png
    BreadBoard1.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Transistor_test1.gif
    Transistor_test1.gif
    255.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I bought 25 years ago with no problems.
thats kind of funny I have one thats maybe 20 to 25 years old can't remember. It's never let me down, but one of the new one's will.

Maybe they "Don't Make Them Like They Used To."

thanks for the pics eric. we have the switch working great now, all i can put it down to is there is one row on the bread board i have found that just dosnt seem to work correctly! it was indeed a cheap one from maplins i got a year ago, i got 2 at the same time and one has been ok and one has always seemed to give odd results now and then.
i did make one other mistake to wich i shall confess...........the first time i couldnt get it to work after spending 3 hours fault finding i had neglected to check the obvious...my bc547 npn transistor was infact the lm temp sensor:eek: :eek: ermmmm lets not dwell on that one tho lol.

No big deal I was trying to get the most db out of a speaker spent a hour or more and new I was right LOL I had a 2n3906 pluged in there the 6 looked like a 4 to me LOL. I'm sometime to lazy to put on my classes didn't need them till I got Sugar diabetes.

Dude I am real glad to see your still squinting. I missed your posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back