Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic and dual brightness 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disputing what you're saying.

Here is my final schematic (below). I use the transistor (RA7 Output (Low) / RA6 (Input)) when I want the bright mode and then turn on (RA6 Output (High) / RA7 Output (High)) when I want it to be dim.

The 7 segment is extremely bright. The segments are pretty darn consistent in brightness too whether it is displaying a 1 or 8. The dim also works very well.

That datasheet link is not the company I bought the LEDs from. That is the page I was sent to when I bought them off of eBay. They emailed me a datasheet that only showed the layout of the leds in each segment. They showed 2 LEDs per segment. (Link: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/12/120inch.pdf) There are other companies on there right now that state 6.5-7 volts for the 1" blue LED displays.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back