Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic 18f4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

mai_elec

hii
my name is Mai
am new here and really i find this web is soo good i hope we will improve skills.
am new in micro controller and maybe i dn't know anything till now
i want u to advice me how should i start.i want you to help mee in picf4620
if books or sth can help me

The 18F is a good choice to start with. Do you have a programer to flash the chip. What language would you like to use ?

If you do not have a programmer I suggest a Junebug or PICkit2. Both are very good. The Junebug includes a 18F1320 target chip that can be used for learning. It uses the same core as other 18F chips.

3v0

pic

thnx for your reply.listen the programing tool is not a big deal it is already in the university but i want to start what is the pic?what is the main basic thing about it how could i strat to learn is there any thing to get start with i am good at c and what do you suggest ?assemply i gess the dr will ask us to program in assemply and c.

If you are good with C start with that. For the 18F family there is a free student version compiler that you can download from microchip's site.

You can find some simple programs written in C18 several places.

Look at C18 Junebug / PICkit2 Tutorial 1
It is written for the Junebug but has the schematic so you can use it without if you breadoard a simple circuit.

ALthough it is written for the 18F1320 it should work with most any 18F PIC if you change the config and processor include. You could even start by using the the simulator in MPLAB.

3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back