1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Pic 18f45k22 i2c assembler code

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers' started by Emanuele77, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Emanuele77

Emanuele77 New Member

Hi to all,
    i need a simple assembler code to send/receive data with i2c module (in master mode) on pic18f45k22 .
    I have see application note AN735 but is old and written for Pic16 (can be ported to a pic18c...).

Does any of you have a simple working example written in assembler to send and receive data in I2c?

Thx

2. granddad

granddad Active Member

Welcome to ETO Emanuele . I am wondering why assembler ? . PIC18 instruction set is optimised for C . The C code gets turned into asm and compiled to HEX . What you need is doable but I see no advantage ...

3. atferrari

atferrari Well-Known Member

Nigel Goodwin, member here, has published a series of tutorials. One of them is precisely about I2C. It took me little time to implement two PICs linked through I2C.

Now that I think of it, IIRC, it is done bit-banging style. I think I did it with a 18F as well but not sure.

Sorry but my PC where all it is buried is defunct. No time to retrieve my data where my test is for the moment.

4. dave miyares

Dave New Member

5. MaxHeadRoom78

MaxHeadRoom78 Well-Known Member

There is also AN989 for the 18F series.
    I did a version for the P18F2221 in assy.
    Also check out the MAXIM MAX517/518/519 IC spec sheet.
    Max.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Emanuele77

Emanuele77 New Member

Thanks to all Max Atferrari Granddad ....this site is a precious resource for a designer,
    now i will study on the basis of what you have suggested to me,
    Hi Granddad you're right but i have to modify a program entirely written in assembler and I did not want to redo everything in c.

7. granddad

granddad Active Member

I see now... best of luck with that . I usually cannot fathom my own previous / old asm ....

8. dave miyares

Dave New Member

9. Emanuele77

Emanuele77 New Member

I design machines in esthetics field,
    i tend to use the microcontrollers and the programming modes i already know, already tested even if in assembler.
    I realize that it is wrong but many times there is little time for design and venturing with another processor or programming mode can be risky.
    I am currently trying to learn stm32f429i-disk1 in C \ C ++ maybe i still need your help thanks to all.

10. Emanuele77

Emanuele77 New Member

Thanks to everyone in particular to Max with the application note 989 i2c bus works correctly.