Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F452 programmer PICSTART

Status
Not open for further replies.

french_student

hello,

does anybody know where i can find the picstart programmer version 02.30.01 in order to program a PIC 18F452?

Thanks.

french_student said:
hello,

does anybody know where i can find the picstart programmer version 02.30.01 in order to program a PIC 18F452?

Thanks.

You can usually download the latest firmware from MicroChip, I can only see the PicStart Plus there on a quick look - is your's the old one, or actually a Plus?.

If you have an old Picstart Plus using a PIC17C44 chip, you need at least firmware version 3.00 to program a PIC18F452. That is according to the READ.PLS file that comes with MPLAB v5.7. The required hex file for firmware ver 3.00 is also bundled with MPLAB v5.7.

Here is a portion of the PICSTART help file (also with MPLAB v5.7) on the required items to upgrade your PICSTART:

Required Equipment

Operating PICSTART Plus programmer with MPLAB IDE software
Blank/Erased PIC17C44 microcontroller (25 MHz or faster)
Upgrade hex file (psf#####.hex, where ##### is the version number), found in the MPLAB IDE install directory
Phillips head screwdriver

The firmware version 3.11 (last for PIC17C44) is available for download from the PICStart page:

**broken link removed**

Newer Picstarts use a PIC18F6720 device to allow them to be upgraded directly from MPLAB IDE. An upgrade kit is available for older Picstart Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back