Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16F84A Clock Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aevans17

Hi am very new at pic programming and I am just trying to get my first pick project to work. I have the Introduction to Pic Programming programmer board from Kitsrus.com. I assembled the board and compiled and ran the test program using MPLAB from Microchip. I then tried to build a more complicated circuit on a bread board and I could not get it to run correctly. I realized that the test circuit that comes on my programmer board had a RC clock circuit that was controlling the clock. I attempted to use an RC cuircuit on my bread board, but I could not get it to move past the 1st set of instructions, and now I can not get it to work at all. I then bought a 1.9xxx crystal from a used parts store (I don't know if it works or not) and I connected that as the documentation said and changed the __Config option to use XT and LP modes, but again nothing worked. Can anyone tell/show me how to connect either an RC oscillator or crystal oscillator please. From my test circuit on bread board:

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has already been posted I searched and did not find anything about the 16F84A chip.

it should be all in the datasheet but here are some introductory links:

**broken link removed** ; light chaser using xtall

**broken link removed** ; light chaser using RC osc.

; best project for 16F84

Thanks Panic, I did check the data sheet and configured my test circuit accordingly, but it was not working correctly. I will just keep trying with different components. I will check getting a resonator instead of a crystal with Capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back