Pic 16F628 LED Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

deansmith

Hi, I want to make a LED scrolling message sign. I found a schematic diagram of exactly what i want, but unfortunately I have no experience with the ATMEGA chips. So I have made my own schematic, the same but with a PIC 16F628. (see attachments LED project1 and LED project2). I have ordered all the components and want to get started ASAP.
1.) Can somebody please tell me if I have connected everything up properly.
2.) Can somebody write me a small demonstration program to get me started.
I would gladly do it myself if only I fully understood it.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• LED project1.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 2,723
  • LED project2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 5,972
Hi There, After weeks of searching I have finally found the website with from the jpg i posted. Its well documented, with example code.

Hi Dean,

Isn't the RA5/MCLR line "input only" on the '628A? If so, I don't think you'll be able to control the "latch" pins one the '595s with it Sir.

Regards, Mike

Hi Dean,

Isn't the RA5/MCLR line "input only" on the '628A? If so, I don't think you'll be able to control the "latch" pins one the '595s with it Sir.

Regards, Mike
Thanks for pointing that out. I am aware that RA5 is input only, but i never gave any thought to pin 12 and its function (ST_CP). I will read the datasheet.

I have made changes to my layout, and i welcome any comments.
If anyone is interested, most of the information for my project comes from
ATtiny.com | AVR microcontroller Projects

Attachments

• LED project1_1.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 1,841
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…