Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 16F628 LED Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

deansmith

Hi, I want to make a LED scrolling message sign. I found a schematic diagram of exactly what i want, but unfortunately I have no experience with the ATMEGA chips. So I have made my own schematic, the same but with a PIC 16F628. (see attachments LED project1 and LED project2). I have ordered all the components and want to get started ASAP.
1.) Can somebody please tell me if I have connected everything up properly.
2.) Can somebody write me a small demonstration program to get me started.
I would gladly do it myself if only I fully understood it.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• LED project1.JPG
    LED project1.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 2,719
  • LED project2.JPG
    LED project2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 5,967
Hi There, After weeks of searching I have finally found the website with from the jpg i posted. Its well documented, with example code.

Hi Dean,

Isn't the RA5/MCLR line "input only" on the '628A? If so, I don't think you'll be able to control the "latch" pins one the '595s with it Sir.

Regards, Mike

Hi Dean,

Isn't the RA5/MCLR line "input only" on the '628A? If so, I don't think you'll be able to control the "latch" pins one the '595s with it Sir.

Regards, Mike
Thanks for pointing that out. I am aware that RA5 is input only, but i never gave any thought to pin 12 and its function (ST_CP). I will read the datasheet.

I have made changes to my layout, and i welcome any comments.
If anyone is interested, most of the information for my project comes from
ATtiny.com | AVR microcontroller Projects

Attachments

• LED project1_1.JPG
    LED project1_1.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 1,836
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back