Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 10F programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says in the datasheet they are precedences, just like the comparator on GP0 and GP1 which I had to turn off to get them to behave as outputs. Now I'm trying to figure out how to turn all this stuff off on GP2 to get it to behave as an output.

It is a bit of detective work, as no example is given to turn off the priority registers to get your digital I/O (some data sheets do).

So starting with the priorities given in the GPIO section, go to the memory organization section which has a special function table of the register,bit values based on a power-on reset. Hidden in the OPTION regsiter description you see that T0CS(T0CK1) affects the TRIS function of GP2. On reset T0CS is set, so try clearing OPTION,T0CS.

My bad, let me read some more.

Hey Nickelflippr, that did the trick. I cleared T0CS using the option command and I'm off and running. I really appreciate the help.

Crypto-data-sheet a Microchip specialty..haha

Good one nickel m8.

-BaC
It is a bit of detective work, as no example is given to turn off the priority registers to get your digital I/O (some data sheets do).

So starting with the priorities given in the GPIO section, go to the memory organization section which has a special function table of the register,bit values based on a power-on reset. Hidden in the OPTION regsiter description you see that T0CS(T0CK1) affects the TRIS function of GP2. On reset T0CS is set, so try clearing OPTION,T0CS.

Crypto-data-sheet a Microchip specialty..haha

Good one nickel m8.

-BaC
Who knows, may actually have a use for the "Worlds Smallest Microcontroller" someday, haha. Current literature calls it "Small Form Factor" now, so they must have lost the title:confused:

EDIT:Thanks, now I'm no longer newbie, break out the band, woohoo!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back