Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photoresistor Issue In Water Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson007

Guys i have 2 UV water filter of same model . one had stopped working so i opened it up and found a photoresistor i believe was faulty so i removed the photoresistor and shorted the wire together and it started functioning again...so i am sure of the culprit... I believe it job was to keep a check on the uv light if it is blown or not.
i replace it with a new photoresistor that i had & when i check the terminal with the switch on .It showed 1k ohms ..so i believe it is not allowing the current to flow.

and on my other filter which is functioning properly it shows 0 ohms on on state.

I have no idea if photoresistors has values to it (like transistor & resistor has) & why this photoresistor has metal casing to it.

To understand the problem better can look at the screenshot attached.
Any push in proper direction would be helpful.

Attached it the picture of the photoresistors .

Attachments

• ups.jpg
    ups.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_20170521_020542.jpg
    IMG_20170521_020542.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 247
and on my other filter which is functioning properly it shows 0 ohms on on state.
Although CdS LDR cells are available in various styles and with various dark/light resistances, I'm surprised you measured 0Ω. Are you sure the cell hasn't been bypassed somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back