Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

photodiode using opamp output problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit looks a tad naked.

Are VCC and 12VDC supply for photoresistor one and the same?

Looks like the LM324 is self-oscillating.

Look at this schematic. A little more complicated but it might help you see how to go about it with an OpAmp.

View attachment 65080

Look at the specs for that OP amp. I believe it's output is limited to about 200 mV above ground and Vcc-1.2V. You can't bias the input at the supply voltage. That's the fundamental problem.

That's a horrendous amount of gain in a single stage of an op-amp that's just not upto it. You would need a fair amount of error correction on a coded signal through your implemtation.

A circuit I found on the web, also uses lots of gain, its only intended to test remote controls and probably isnt much good for sending data.

https://translate.google.com/transl...://www.soloelectronica.net/comprobador_ir.htm

You can get infra red receiver modules, like a tssop37, these have an amplifier and an output driver built in, only thing is they respond to 37 khz tone bursts rather than a continuous source of infra red.

Last edited:
If you want to see if your TV remote is working, point it at your phone cam/digital cam or camcorder.
You will see the IR as white bursts of lights on the display.

The CCD sensor on a digital camera is sensitive to IR emitted from IR LEDs found in such remotes.

Yep I use the above to check and align industrial infra red barriers on machinery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back