Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips electrolytic caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod_smith

Does anyone have or know where I can get data sheets on older philips capacitors? The big electrolytic alum. can type with screw terminals.
Thanks

I think that they will be hard to get. Outside of the actual capacitance, working voltage and maximum temperature, i don't think that other specs (ESR for example) are actually recorded. ESR and series inductance became more important with the venue of high frequency switching power supplies. If you need a low inductance cap, i suggest you to shunt the big cap with smaler capacitors that have naturally lower series inductance.

I you need a discharge capacitor, be cautious. several smaller capacitors are much better than a single large cap. I personally blown the internal aluminum strap of a large single capacitor by successive discharges.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back