Philips 47" lcd tv needs motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjohn258

can anyone tell me where i can find a cheap or maybe refubished motherboard for a Philips 47" lcd tv...and exactly what do they call the motherboard...

I would say it would be near impossible to find replacement boards like that unless you happen to know someone who works at a television repair shop that has a dealer license with Philips. Television makers don't generally sell such items to the general public, in fact I don't now of any that still do.

Last edited:
motherboard

actually i was just checking on prices to make sure i was getting a fair deal at the repair shop and possibly finding one cheaper then they could wich i have done in the past...its alot of money to repair it..over 400.00...can buy new one for 900.00...not that i wont get it repaired, but would consider refurbished part...thanks for your comment...very appreciated...

If the set is 5 yrs or older, buy new. If it's under 5yrs old then make sure the condition and usage time on the set are appropriate for spending $400.

Philips TV

I had a Philips 32pfl5332d/37 plasma, that on boot, blinked red 6 times, paused and repeated. The fix was on the PS board. It was very easy to locate and fix. I went in expecting to see blown caps , but did not see any. I measured the rectifiers and found a bad diode (shorted). It too 5 minutes to replace, after finding it at Radio Shack. It was an SR306 diode, a Schotkky diode. No problems since.

can anyone tell me where i can find a cheap or maybe refubished motherboard for a Philips 47" lcd tv...and exactly what do they call the motherboard...

Nobody has any chance of locating you a board without the model number...

rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…