Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips 47" lcd tv needs motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjohn258

can anyone tell me where i can find a cheap or maybe refubished motherboard for a Philips 47" lcd tv...and exactly what do they call the motherboard...

I would say it would be near impossible to find replacement boards like that unless you happen to know someone who works at a television repair shop that has a dealer license with Philips. Television makers don't generally sell such items to the general public, in fact I don't now of any that still do.

Last edited:
motherboard

actually i was just checking on prices to make sure i was getting a fair deal at the repair shop and possibly finding one cheaper then they could wich i have done in the past...its alot of money to repair it..over 400.00...can buy new one for 900.00...not that i wont get it repaired, but would consider refurbished part...thanks for your comment...very appreciated...

If the set is 5 yrs or older, buy new. If it's under 5yrs old then make sure the condition and usage time on the set are appropriate for spending $400.

Philips TV

I had a Philips 32pfl5332d/37 plasma, that on boot, blinked red 6 times, paused and repeated. The fix was on the PS board. It was very easy to locate and fix. I went in expecting to see blown caps , but did not see any. I measured the rectifiers and found a bad diode (shorted). It too 5 minutes to replace, after finding it at Radio Shack. It was an SR306 diode, a Schotkky diode. No problems since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back