PH meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

juststarting

I find myself in the need of a PH meter, for a hydroponic project.
I have done some investigation and read it is basically a very accurate volt meter,
I guess my digital meter is not accurate enough
So
my question is "can I make my meter more accurate"?
I would have thought that calibration would be a problem,

I know I could buy a PH meter, so would not have to worry, but it wouldn't be so much fun,

Baz

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

Hy juststarting

I find myself in the need of a PH meter, for a hydroponic project.
I have done some investigation and read it is basically a very accurate volt meter.
A PH meter is normally a PH sensor feeding a very high input impedance precision operational amplifier. The output from the operational amplifier is then fed to a voltmeter, either analogue or digital. An offset voltage will also be required. There are suitable operational amplifiers for this job and only standard design techniques would be required.
I guess my digital meter is not accurate enough.
Your digital voltmeter is almost certain to be accurate enough.
"can I make my meter more accurate"?
You could make a very good PH meter; the sensor would be the controlling factor.
I would have thought that calibration would be a problem.
Calibration would not be a problem. All that you would need would be two solutions, one with a high and known PH and one with a low and known PH.
I know I could buy a PH meter, so would not have to worry, but it wouldn't be so much fun,
Yes, it would be.

But it would be a relatively expensive approach.

spec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…