Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PH meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

juststarting

I find myself in the need of a PH meter, for a hydroponic project.
I have done some investigation and read it is basically a very accurate volt meter,
I guess my digital meter is not accurate enough
So
my question is "can I make my meter more accurate"?
I would have thought that calibration would be a problem,

I know I could buy a PH meter, so would not have to worry, but it wouldn't be so much fun,

Baz

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

Hy juststarting

I find myself in the need of a PH meter, for a hydroponic project.
I have done some investigation and read it is basically a very accurate volt meter.
A PH meter is normally a PH sensor feeding a very high input impedance precision operational amplifier. The output from the operational amplifier is then fed to a voltmeter, either analogue or digital. An offset voltage will also be required. There are suitable operational amplifiers for this job and only standard design techniques would be required.
I guess my digital meter is not accurate enough.
Your digital voltmeter is almost certain to be accurate enough. :)
"can I make my meter more accurate"?
You could make a very good PH meter; the sensor would be the controlling factor.
I would have thought that calibration would be a problem.
Calibration would not be a problem. All that you would need would be two solutions, one with a high and known PH and one with a low and known PH.
I know I could buy a PH meter, so would not have to worry, but it wouldn't be so much fun,
Yes, it would be. :cool:

But it would be a relatively expensive approach.

spec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back