Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pelonis ceramic heater problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgTech4020

What I have is three identical Pelonis HQ-0705 heaters with exactly the same problem. The unit powers on and then emits a continuous beeping sound. What I have found is the ground circuit has an alarm beeper for the heating element.

What I have figured out so far is that the unit powers up, the relay for both high and low temperature circuits turned on and supplies Power to the ceramic heating element. As soon as the relays supply power the beeper on the heater ground circuit turns on. The ground from the heating element goes through a 10K ohm resistor, then a N4007 diode, followed by a 100uf 16 volt capacitor, through a 2A 250 V fuse before connecting to the main ground wire. The beeper is connected to the fuse on one leg and + side of the capacitor on the other.

One of the three heaters had a failed 10K own resister. I replaced the resister and only succeeded in making the beeper work on that unit. I then replaced the diode and the capacitor but with no change at all. I will note that I replaced the capacitor which was originally a national brand 100uf 16 volt with a Panasonic brand aluminum electrolyte capacitor 100uf 16V. The previously removed national brand capacitor tested good. I have also discovered that if I bypass the capacitor, diode, and resister, the heater will work although it draws about 16 A.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    853.7 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    866.6 KB · Views: 280
Can you trace out the schematic of the unit an add it to your next post. You say "although it draws about 16 A." but you don't say what it should draw or what the wattage rating is and what the mains voltage is in your country.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back