Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCF8575- the chip die

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh@sha

Hi,

I'm using PCF8575 from Texas Instruments for I2C function. After several time of testing, the chip died. It still happened even after I replaced the chip. Anyone having the same experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:)

pcf8575.JPG
This is my connection diagram.
VCC= 5V.
R=1k ohm.
C=1uF

Perhaps ESD fried it?

Where do the 16 i/o pins go? Do they drive relays?
Are the address lines all jumpered high or low and not left floating?

How hot does the device get under your test conditions? Are you following the recommendations for the thermal pad on the chip? If it is in a circuit, I would have to doubt ESD damage. So that leaves excess power supply levels, extreme voltage spikes on an input or output (echo-ing Ron's worry about any inductive loads on the outputs), or over temperature.

When you say that it dies, is it completely dead? No communication through the I2C bus at all? That might help narrow down the failure cause.

-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back