Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB mount power relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicmanager

Hi guys

Can someone enlighten me please. I thought this was a silly question but I've struggled to find an answer !

I'm using 12 vdc coil/240vac load SPole PCB mounted relays in a project I'm on at the moment. I want to use relay sockets to make changing a relay in the future easy. Do I have to match maker of relay and socket or are the sockets made to a common pin location ?

In some respects yes and some respects no.

There are at least 3 or 4 configurations that are "standard". e.g. https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...s/Relay_Sockets_-a-_Accessories/Relay_Sockets I used the 8 pin and 11 pin for DIN rail stuff.

One piece of equipment had a fair number of relays. The sockets had optional retainers. Springs that hold the relays in.

Judging from your post, you COULD want a definite purpose contactor rather than a simple relay.

Most of the "standardized" sockets are for multi pole relays.
If you only need one pole you may be on your own.
In most of the cases I have seen single pole relays are just soldered to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back