Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB fab online support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarborough

Gone are the days where communication from PCB fab companies and their customers are done thru emails. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are there any companies that provide instant online chat about any technical questions about the PCB being fabricated?

Gone are the days where communication from PCB fab companies and their customers are done thru emails. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are there any companies that provide instant online chat about any technical questions about the PCB being fabricated?

True that scarborough!

You could have posted your questions in this forum itself....... are you shy or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Instant? Not likely, companies will not give you top end tech knowledge if you don't give them top end profits. Mid end shops are your best bet. Smaller shops are fly by night, bigger shops rely on bigger profits, mid end shops rely on customer service to make money.

I know it's pretty old fashioned, but I call my local shop by phone and discuss my questions with one of their engineering staff.

Although I have never asked questions of a technical nature, PCB train have been superb - any problems with the gerber files they have rang or emailed me straight away. Sure electronics has also been equally superb.

Some places charge by the hour for any alterations needed prior to manufacture. That said, you are not going to find a PCB house which will guide you through the design process, it is assumed to be prior knowledge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back