Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2camjohn

I have been developing a board which is installed inside another appliance to alter how it works.

The problem I have is that I have cut the connectors of the wires inside the appliance and soldering the multi strand wires to the board is quite annoying, also the wires tend to snap after a short amount of use.

My question is: Where can i get some small connectors where the socket is pcb mounted and the plug attaches onto multi strand wire?
The connectors must be very small and need to be 3-4 pole.

I have looked in RS and maplins but cant find anything suitable!

Thanks

I use Molex/Waldom connectors, available from Digi-Key (www.digikey.com). Here are the part numbers:
HEADER, 2 PIN WM2700-ND (22-11-2022-P) 0.59
HEADER, 4 PIN WM2702-ND 0.98
PLUG, 2PIN WM2011-ND 0.21
PLUG, 4PIN WM2013-ND 0.32
INSERTS FOR PLUGS WM2312-ND 2.54/10

I have a similar problem. I am using cat 5 wire (as I can get it very cheap) to a board, but I would prefer to use a socket for the same reasons as mentioned by the starter of this thread.

I need a connector that I can attach quickly to the wires, that has 10 'pins', that has as low a profile as possible, and that is a single line.

I like the sound of crimp on connectors, would this be the best bet? Any recomendations please?

You didn't mention any current specifications, have you tried the db connectors as found on the back of your pc..They're available in several different pin configurations 9, 15 ,25 etc..and can be soldered directly to your board. the plugs can be solder or crimp..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back