Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB - Avoid Ground Loops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks,

That means you are boosting the 3.7V cell voltage to 4.2V..!! You charging the battery by a 1S charger?

The battery isn't rechargeable, it's a lithium thionyl chloride, and is only 3.6V when new. The ones using 18650's I'm 'playing' with don't have charging capability, and you simply unplug the battery to recharge it, if needed.

From 230V how do you step down to lower voltage? I'm not sure why you need a FET driver isn't the design like a DC UPS?

There isn't a driver, the dual FET is used as a power switch - by removing the power to the converter when not in use it reduces the power consumption of the converter to zero. The converter chip has it's own on/off switch, but consumption is still too high when turned off - remember I'm aiming for 5+ years battery life.

No mains voltage, so no need to convert it down - in fact where the devices are installed it's VERY unlikely there will be any mains anywhere near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back