Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC134 varactor diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

unpolloloco

I'm looking for a PC134 varactor diode (one blew on my laptop's motherboard in the charging circuit), but I am having quite a hard time finding a replacement anywhere. I did find a datasheet, however: **broken link removed**.

Any ideas where i could find one (or one that is close enough to work)? Thanks!

The datasheet you linked to is for PG devices, NOT PC - but I really see no reason for a varactor diode in a charging circuit? - what does it do?, and are you absolutely certain of the number?.

The PC devices are at the bottom (took me a bit to find it myself). I'm not entirely sure what the diode is doing in the circuit either (although who am I to question Dell ;) ?). Anyway, it visibly fried itself (pretty nice scorch mark where it was), so I assume that that's the reason I can't get any power to the motherboard via ac adapter. I am 99% sure that the chip in question was the PC134 (labeled on the motherboard right next to it).

Thanks for anyone's help!

The PC devices are at the bottom (took me a bit to find it myself). I'm not entirely sure what the diode is doing in the circuit either (although who am I to question Dell ;) ?). Anyway, it visibly fried itself (pretty nice scorch mark where it was), so I assume that that's the reason I can't get any power to the motherboard via ac adapter. I am 99% sure that the chip in question was the PC134 (labeled on the motherboard right next to it).

If it's on the board, that's just the circuit reference, and not the number of the component - just like a resistor would be labelled R134 on the board, rather than 10K (or whatever).

Now that I look at it more, i think you are right. Any ideas on how I could figure out what kind of diode it was that fried?

Now that I look at it more, i think you are right. Any ideas on how I could figure out what kind of diode it was that fried?

Is it actually a diode?, it may be a fuse?, or a low value resistor? - you wouldn't normally expect a diode to burn up.

You really need a circuit diagram, which is probably unlikely?.

looking at the the image, it seems to be an inductor/ power choke. if it is dead,you can,t measure its value.so you need a diagram of the circuit.

Replaced the same part.

I broke off the same thing while replacing the dc-in jack. :eek:
Anyway, i had a junk dell motherboard (not even the same model) laying around, i took a look at it and right by the dc-in jack was the same part, removed it put it on my other board and attached it to the one i broke and BAM! Computer now powers on w/o battery and charges. I looked for identification on the part but there is none.

Don't know if this helps at all, just thought i would post my experience because the image posted here really helped me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back