Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nissan - Diode Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrawInMyBoots

Afternoon guys,

1st post here...

I’m having trouble identifying a diode on my headlight module.

D6 - is was I suspect the burnt out diode in question to be... but what’s the value/type of the damn thing?
715A7B8E-A5BE-44A4-807B-5B6C1198C54A.jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Have you tested it?, it might be faulty, it might not - but you're unlikely to be able find an identification on it, and it's rare for automotive units to use normal numbers.

If you could draw the schematic out (it looks a simple unit), and explain what it does, we might be able make suggestions.

Looks like an Avalanche Sinterglass Diode not sure about the rating yet.

Even if you find a diode that you consider a suitable replacement I would suggest tracing enough of the circuit to see what may have caused it to fail.

Les.

Have you tested it?, it might be faulty, it might not - but you're unlikely to be able find an identification on it, and it's rare for automotive units to use normal numbers.

If you could draw the schematic out (it looks a simple unit), and explain what it does, we might be able make suggestions.
Thank you for your message.

It’s basically a simple 80’s double relay circuit for dim/dip lights. Right side works as expected, but left side was intermittent and now has the dip light off. I’ve replaced the stalk switch prior to this failure and checked the wires from the module to the headlight then briefly had it hooked up without the casing on and both relays seem to click, so not sure what the problem could be. All I could say is D6 looks fried or deteriorated if that makes sense.

I’ll dig out the multimeter and try to look into it further over the weekend.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back