Pc v MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaseme

Desktop computers are a pain. Just tried to update my motherboard, and everything stopped working. Changed the psu nothing, so now im thinking I have to change the motherboard. However because it is an AMD Socket A chipset. I now have to buy a new processor.

ggrrrrr...maybe I should just buy a mac

So that it's even harder to fix anything that goes wrong? Isn't that like saying it's a pain to fix your car so you'll get just a car that can't be fixed.

BTW, Macs and PCs use much of the same hardware now.

Last edited:
PCs are fine so long as you don't buy crappy parts. My last computer went 7+ years without anything ever going out. It's still in perfect shape, sitting in the corner, while I type away on a machine I built last year (also with nothing breaking so far).

That's way more than I can say for my Mom's last iMac.

I've always used ASUS motherboards and although I'm using a quad core phenom I prefer intel CPUs

I also prefer Nvidia over AMD video

I too have always used ASUS, except for this last computer I went with a Gigabyte P35 "Ultra-reliable" board. It was nice opening the box and seeing nothing but OS-CON caps for the electrolytics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…