Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC mouse input - absolute positioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evandude

I just did some reasearch on how resistive touchscreens work, and when I realized it's as simple as driving 5v and ground to a couple pins, and measuring an analog voltage on another, I started looking for cheap ones.

Turns out the Palm PDA digitizers are extremely cheap on ebay (around 4-5 dollars apiece, if not less) and utilize the easy 4-wire interface.

I have several uses in mind for various projects, mostly microcontroller things (for example print off a button layout, stick it behind the panel, and you instantly have a custom panel of buttons that looks nice)

However, I am also interested in some PC-related things, and to do some of them I would need to be able to communicate an ABSOLUTE mouse cursor position to the computer (like a graphics tablet would) as opposed to a relative movement (like all standard computer mice/trackballs/touchpads do).

Does anyone know of any software that does this? my quick google searches didn't turn up much. Ideally it should be PS/2 or serial interface, as USB is too complicated and expensive for my taste, and not all the computers I have in mind have parallel ports.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back