Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pc monitor to tv conversion???

Is it possible to turn a monitor into a tv?

• Definitly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly

• No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazgul810

Hi is there any way I could turn a computer monitor into a tv?
if not is theree a way I could build a tv?

Thanks, Rob

I vote yes but... If you plan to keep the monitor attached to a computer there are ISA cards available to perform this function for around $70 - you just attach an antenna or cable to the card. BTW, some of these cards produce a window and not a full screen picture and some require an advanced graphics driver card - just things to think about.

Directly:NO because the VGA monitors horizontal frequency started from 31.5kHz, can`t synchronized to TV signal (PAL 625 rows 15.625kHz),and no contains any color decoder and synchron separator (RGB and H-sync. V-sync. inputs).
The simplest way to buy an old CGA monitor (i have also with composite video input) and build into a chroma decoder and sync.-separator. (good project...)
The "black-box" between TV and VGA also existiert,but very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back