Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC board

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

I finished w/ a project on some PC board, and it looks sloppy cuz I got some solder in places I didn't want to. How can I clean it up? Also, I was wondering if there is anything that anyone has heard of or made that you can solder onto the board, and be able to interchange a certain component (a capacitor in this case). I've seen them for IC's, but I wen to Radio shack, and couldn't find them. Thanx :)

zachtheterrible said:
Also, I was wondering if there is anything that anyone has heard of or made that you can solder onto the board, and be able to interchange a certain component (a capacitor in this case). I've seen them for IC's, but I wen to Radio shack, and couldn't find them. Thanx :)

The ones for ICs you talk about are DIL (Dual-In-Line) sockets. You can also get SIL (Single-In-Line). You should be able to cut these up with a hacksaw, wire cutters etc. to make single sockets that you can soler into the board, then you will be able to change the component freely.

Alternativly, if you know that you will only want to choose from a few components, you could put the components into the board, and use a rotary switch to select between them.

Tim

during my college electronics subject days, we use to cut ic sockets to serve as "general purpose" component sockets. its virtually unlimited just use your imagination on it. 8)

You can also use small transistor sockets...If you go with ic sockets you can use a blank header and solder your components to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back