Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Password Reset Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hello,

It looks like the password reset is not working.
I would not have been able to post this except i finally remembered my password.

Please fix.

Sincerely,
MrAl

Hello,

Actually the part that does not work seems to be the email part, as it never sends an email.
The "Verification" check is a little strange too, as you have to go to a DIFFERENT web site to see the text that you have to type, and i wonder if it accepts the word when you come back to the password reset page. I mention this because i tried it several times and i did not know that the verify word changes each time so i kept typing the same word, but it never gave me an error it just did not send an email. I tried about five times at least and checked the verify word each time after i found out it changed.
I also checked my email just a few minutes ago after trying to reset several hours ago, still no email.

In any case, it appears that i can get through everything but there is never an email sent so there's no way to continue the reset process.

I guess i could suggest if you havent tried this yet, to set up a dummy second account for yourself and then try resetting the password. then you might spot what is wrong.
This happened on another site too and the admin told me that they were working on it. After it was fixed, it worked well.

Hi,

Just to bump this thread a little, was this fixed yet?
Would be nice to know if i forget my pw again i can still get back :)
I would think it could end up helping other members too in the future.

I could consider trying a reset and find out the email where the reset originates. ISP's sometimes hava bad habit of blacklisting certain domains like Yahoo mail or AOL mail, The usual trick is to place the reset email address in your contacts so it stays instead of getting bulk filtered.

Dave may be able to examine the email log and tell you if the email from ETO got sent and if it was returned rejected..

I could consider trying a reset and find out the email where the reset originates. ISP's sometimes hava bad habit of blacklisting certain domains like Yahoo mail or AOL mail, The usual trick is to place the reset email address in your contacts so it stays instead of getting bulk filtered.

Dave may be able to examine the email log and tell you if the email from ETO got sent and if it was returned rejected..

Hi,

That would be a first for me since i've been talking in forums.

What would be typical is that when the site software was changed something did not work the same.
This happened on several other sites when they 'upgraded' their site software. Once the site software is fixed, it works right away. This actually happened again on another site just a few months back after they updated their software.
This must be one of the things that they never bother to check at first.

Did you try it yet?

I kept the page with the "red word" open while I entered the word on the reset page. I don't think I could do that on my phone,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back