Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Passive Components Questions For Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison doing a research report on AVX corporation. I am trying to gain a stronger understanding of the firm/passive component industry and was hoping for some help. If anyone can answer any of the following questions it would be greatly appreciated:

1. Is AVX known as being market leader in the passive component or Interconnect space? Who are the (other) leaders in these spaces?
2. What does the future look like for ceramic passive components? Tantalum passive components?
3. What are these passive components predominately used for (industry/products)? Future applications?
4. In your opinion, is this industry (specifically ceramic and tantalum passive components) growing/declining/stagnant?

I am trying to form an investment thesis and looking to gain any insight about the industry/firm possible. I am obviously new to this material and market, so any information would be helpful. Thank you for your time, I appreciate the help.

Best,
Mitch

If you want to see the players in the passive component world, visit the websites like mouser, digi-key, newark, etc. They sell the products and list the manufacturers.

From there you can get the company financial report for the last year to help you decide on the leader in the industry.

Visit yahoo finance and look at the historical values of the companies you found at the electronic component distributors and review as many previous years of financials for each company as you can.

Don't forget that the websites I mentioned in paragraph one, sell to everyone. The larger manufactures will have other sources, like the primary source, as they buy in quantity. The financials will have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back