Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Part number for this connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

2camjohn

Hey Guys,

Im trying to find a right angle header for this connector. But Im having trouble identifying the part.

Its a 'balanced charge' connector on a lithium polymer battery.

Its 3 way, 0.1inch pitch and has 2 arrow shaped extrusions on the underside, for locking with the header.

Ive tried a few possible connectors, but no luck..
Any help is appreciated.

John

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 269
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the help so far.

I have searched molex.com and several other connector sites the problem is my searches usually give me at least 10 identical looking connectors and I would need to order them all to determine which one is correct.
The images on sites like molex.com are quite small and actually even searching the datasheets has so far been unsuccessful.

Also as you guys say they are quite common.
I was hoping somebody uses these connectors and knows the name of them.

measure it with some calipers and compare those measurements to the datasheet.

the name isn't likely to help you, all anyone would know is the series name, and that would include at least 10 identical looking but slightly different connectors.

measure the on center spacing between the pins, that will get you 90% of the way to finding the proper connector. that looks too small to be 2.54 mm (100 mil) spacing, so I'm going to guess 1.27 mm (50 mil)

Molex KK series is the most common 2.54mm spaced polarized connector I know of. But your picture does not look like its a KK. Can you get a better larger picture for us, perhaps of both sides.

KK is similar but not exactly the same as a floppy drive type power connector. There is also the SL series takes smaller pins, and is similar to CD-ROM audio cables. Then of course there is C-GRID III series. Actually, C-GRID is my favorite now for a match to your connector. I cannot give you a direct link to the page I found at molex, they don't like deep linking for some reason... try punching this into their search box:

Part Number: 0901560143

this link probably won't work but it's worth a try

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/02/901560143_sd.pdf

I'm guessing what you have there is not a Molex brand connector, it could be Amphenol / Tyco - the little "wings" on the wire side of it don't seem to be molex's style.

2camjohn said:
Hey Guys,

Im trying to find a right angle header for this connector. But Im having trouble identifying the part.

Its a 'balanced charge' connector on a lithium polymer battery.

Its 3 way, 0.1inch pitch and has 2 arrow shaped extrusions on the underside, for locking with the header.

Ive tried a few possible connectors, but no luck..
Any help is appreciated.

John

**broken link removed**

you find here many many connectors.
i feel, in India, we call some relimate connector . you get right angle male also in this type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back