Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

part needed for the yamaha RX-330 stereo receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First impression is that the switch is a special that is screened for minimum hum and noise pick up. Can you see any way to remove the metal can around the switch to allow access to the contacts, or is the whole thing one piece?

It's a fairly 'normal' Japanese style slider switch - almost certainly a custom one made for that model - it's not particularly 'screened', the metal is simply part of the switch, and what holds it all together.

It's easy to squirt a little WD40 in there, no need to remove anything.

Well it is about 50 years since I did that sort of thing... but I still have the tools!
Looks like I need to un solder it whether I link it or clean it!
I wonder what a new decent receiver and tuner amp costs....
Thanks guys

Yes, do give it a try.
What it is the worst thing that could happen? If the switch is ruined, bridge it for the most used input and continue enjoying your vintage equipment.

Could you also a larger image of the motherboard?
I love vintage electronics!

picture size max?

As far as I can tell any uploaded file has a size limit of 2MB Bytes (not 32G Bytes). A post window is around 1K pixels wide (on my laptop) and anything wider will be shrunk but you can click on it to display the original size.

spec

As far as I can tell any uploaded file has a size limit of 2MB Bytes (not 32G Bytes). A post window is around 1K pixels wide (on my laptop) and anything wider will be shrunk but you can click on it to display the original size.

spec
will this do?

do you guys thing I can remove the switch cover to clean the contacts.
without removing the circuit board.
yes it would destroy the cover.
thanks all

Attachments

• circuitboard.jpg
    circuitboard.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 173
  • yamahaswitch.jpg
    yamahaswitch.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 159
Thanks for the photos
Very Japanese design. Well laid out board for effective auto insertion equipment.
Sanyo ICs, Toko coils, Alps tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back